Monday, September 27, 2010

Well, yeah, Eddie, but…

Eddie Long, a Bishop, has denied charges of sexual misconduct with young men of his congregation.

You might have seen television coverage of his denial from the pulpit yesterday. 

Here is the gist of it:

I have never in my life portrayed myself as a perfect man, but I am not the man being portrayed on television That’s not me. That is not me.

I am not going to try this case in the media, it will be tried in the court of justice and decided in the court of justice. Please hear this: I’ve been accused. I’m under attack. I want you to know as I said earlier I am not a perfect man. … But this thing I’m going to fight. I feel like David against Goliath, but I’ve got five rocks and I haven’t thrown one yet.

Notice Long doesn’t deny the charges.  He’s going to fight them, but he doesn’t deny them.

Long has made a lot of money preaching against gay rights.  What does that tell you?

Long needs to remember the Biblical admonition: For what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul?

Trust, but verify.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

The courage of your conviction virtually demands your name, if we don't know you.